The winter is here. And so are the colds. To drink a lot is good, and to drink warm can alleviate sore throats and give a little comfort. Oranges, ginger and honey will give a little help on the way to recovery.
Cooking time: 5 minutes.
|NUTRITIONAL VALUE 1 PORTION: 60 KCAL|
13 g (80 E%)
1 g (14 E%)
1 g (6 E%)
|*The percentage of carbohydrates is high. Guidelines are: carbohydrates 45-60 E%, fat 25-40 E% and protein 10-20%. Try to compensate for this during the day.|
- 1 cm / 0.5 inches fresh ginger
- 1 orange or 1 dl freshly pressed orange juice
- 1 tsp honey (vegans can use syrup instead)
- Slice 1 cm / 0.5 inches fresh ginger thinly. Put it in 1.5 dl / 0.5 cup of water and bring to a boil. Pour the water into a cup and add 1 tsp honey. Stir to melt the honey.
- Press 1 orange. Pour 1 dl / 0.5 cup orange juice into the cup. Stir and drink.
- When you drink, take a moment to enjoy the drink and think of how much good it does to you. The vitamin C from the oranges will help your immune system. The ginger will energise you and the honey will alleviate pain from your throat.