Brussel sprouts are like mini-cabbage heads loaded with vitamins – a great boost in winter time. They are great as a side dish for any meal, festivities or an ordinary Tuesday.
Cooking time: 45 minutes, including 35 minutes in the oven.
|Nutritional value 1 portion: 192 kcal|
12 g (26 E%)
13 g (61 E%)
6 g (13 E%)
|*The percentage of fat is high. Guidelines are: carbohydrates 45-60 E%, fat 25-40 E% and protein 10-20%. Try to compensate for this during the day.|
- 500 g / 18 oz / 20 pieces of brussel sprouts
- 100 g / 4 shallots
- 30 g / 1 oz / 50 ml hazelnuts
- 1 tsp liquid or runny honey
- 2 tbsp oil
- Heat the oven to Heat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius / gas mark 3 / 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Clean 500 g brussel sprouts, cut away the stem and remove outer leaves that look damaged. Chop the brussel sprouts in quarters.
- Peel 4 shallots and cut them in quarters. Add the sprouts and the shallots to a baking tray.
- Chop 50 g hazelnuts and sprinkle over.
- Mix 1 tsp honey and 2 tbsp oil and drizzle over.
- Bake in the oven for about 35 minutes until the sprouts are soft.
- Take a moment to be mindful when the sprouts are baking. Sit down and relax. Try the SAOL method. When a thought comes then Stop with the thought. Accept the thought. Notice the thought. Let the thought go. You can use this method in everyday life to observe thoughts and feelings.