Usually these chocolate balls contain a lot of fat. Butter can be replaced by white beans for an equally creamy but more healthy variety.
These are not particularly sweet, if you like very sweet, add more dates or some agave syrup.
|Nutritional value 1 portion: 54 kcal|
6 g (41 E%)
3 g (49 E%)
1 g (10 E%)
|*The percentage of fat is high. Guidelines are: carbohydrates 45-60 E%, fat 25-40 E% and protein 10-20%. Try to compensate for this during the day.|
- 100 g / 12 dried dates
- 1 packet / 230 g white beans, pre cooked
- 6 tbsp cocoa powder
- 0.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 100 ml / 3 1/2 oz oats
- 200 ml / 3/4 cup grated coconut flakes ( half in the mix and half to roll the balls in)
- Cut 12 dates and soak for 10 minutes.
- Add 1 packet of white beans. Mix the beans and dates using a hand held mixer.
- Add all other ingredients apart from the grated coconut flakes. Mix well. If it is too dry, add a little extra water.
- Wet your hands and roll into balls. Roll the balls in 100 ml / 3 1/2 oz grated coconut flakes.
- Keep the balls in the refrigerator or freezer.
- Take a few moments to plan mindfulness when you finish eating. Plan something fun. An activity, a trip, to read a good book. Plan in something positive that you want to do. Take a few deep breaths. Do what you planned.