French toast, gyspy toast or eggy bread. Whatever you call them they taste great! They make a good sturdy breakfast or a filling snack. Some add sugar in the mix, but it’s not necessary.
|Nutritional value 1 portion: 377 kcal|
32 g (34 E%)
20 g (50 E%)
15 g (16 E%)
|*The percentage of fat is high. Guidelines are: carbohydrates 45-60 E%, fat 25-40 E% and protein 10-20%. Try to compensate for this during the day.|
- 4 slices bread, preferably a day old
- 3 egg
- 50 ml / 2 oz milk, 3 % fat
- 0,5 tsp ground cinnamon or cardamon or vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp butter
- Mix all ingredients apart from butter in a bowl.
- Cut the edges of the bread (save it to feed some birds), and divide them into two pieces, they will fit better in the frying pan this way. Pour the egg mix onto a flat plate and soak the bread for a minute or two, turning them over.
- Heat 2 tbsp butter in a frying pan and fry the bread for a minute on each side on medium heat until they are golden brown. Serve with a fruit salsa or fresh fruit. If you like it sweeter, drizzle some honey over the top.
- Before you eat, take a moment to be mindful. Focus on what you do and what you are and what you feel. Appreciate yourself and that you chose to be present in the now.