Candy and sweets does not always have to be unhealthy. Almond sweets are great for christmas, or at any other time of year. The butter in these has been replaced by white beans. Don’t tell anyone and they will never know.
|Nutritional value 1 portion: 40 kcal|
3 g (32 E%)
2 g (51 E%)
2 g (17 E%)
|*The percentage of fat is high. Guidelines are: carbohydrates 45-60 E%, fat 25-40 E% and protein 10-20%. Try to compensate for this during the day.|
- 230 g / 8 oz white beans, pre cooked
- 6 tbsp cacao
- 0.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 tbsp agave syrup (8 tbsp if you want a little sweeter cakes)
- 2 tbsp water
- 1.5 dl almond flour
- 24 whole almonds (to be used for decoration)
- Add 1 packet of white beans to a bowl. Mix using a handheld mixer.
- Add all other ingredients apart from the whole almond and mix well.
- Wet your hands and shape into 24 oblong cookies.
- Scald 24 almonds by boiling water and adding the almonds for 2 minutes, or until the peel starts to come off. Rinse them in cold water and rub the peel off, or rub them with a kitchen towel. Press one almond into each cake.
- Serve the cakes chilled and store the cakes in the fridge or freezer.
- Take a moment to be mindful and to consider the food whilst you eat. Hold the cake in your hand and twist and turn it over and look at the colour and shape. Feel the surface, which texture does it have? Smell it, how does it smell? Now taste it? What is the taste? Chew slowly and really feel the flavour.