A quick and very nice soup that will keep you full for a long time. Brussels sprouts are often recommended as one of the healthiest foods around, so it’s never wrong to fill up with vitamins. Brussels sprouts are in season late autumn and are a good winter food. The soup is vegan and contain no gluten or lactose.
|Nutritional value 1 portion: 228 kcal|
13 g (23 E%)
15 g (61 E%)
9 g (16 E%)
|*The percentage of fat is high. Guidelines are: carbohydrates 45-60 E%, fat 25-40 E% and protein 10-20%. Try to compensate for this during the day.|
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 onion
- 2 vegetable stock cubes
- 400 g / 14 oz brussels spouts, fresh or frozen
- 100 ml / 3 1/2 oz almond flour
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 0.5 tsk black pepper
- Heat up 1 tbsp cooking oil in a pot. Crush 1 clove garlic and peel and chop 1 onion and fry soft.
- Add 2 vegetable stock cubes, 8 dl / 3 cups water and 400 g / 14 oz brussels sprouts. Sprinkle over 100 ml / 3 1/2 oz almond flour. Boil for 10 minutes until the brussels sprouts are soft with 0.5 tsp salt and 0.5 tsp black pepper.
- Mix the soup with a hand held mixer.
- Serve the soup like it is or with chopped almonds on top.
- Before you eat take a moment to be mindful. How does your body feel right now? Are you relaxed, tensed, straight, slouching? How is your breathing? Relaxed or tensed? Take a few deep breaths where you stand.