Biscuits do not have to be loaded with sugar and unhealthy fat. They can taste good anyway. They are quite rich in fiber and are spiced with a big measure of ginger. They are not very sweet, so if you have a sweet tooth you can add a teaspoon of syrup or honey. If you don’t like ginger you can reduce the amount, or leave it out all together. If you love ginger, use fresh, it’s much nicer than dried. Raisins can be swapped for any other dried fruit. The biscuits are great energisers if you are going for a hike.
Cooking time: 30 minutes, including a paus.
|NUTRITIONAL VALUE 1 PORTION: 65 KCAL|
9 g (57 E%)
2 g (28 E%)
2 g (15 E%)
- 1 ripe banana
- 50 ml / 2 oz raisins
- 3 cm / 1 inch fresh ginger or 1 tsp dried ground
- 1 egg
- 100 ml / 3 oz fibre oats or regular oats
- 2 tbsp coconut flakes
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 pinch vanilla essens
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- Heat the oven to Heat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius / gas mark 3 / 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mash 1 banana in a bowl. Chop 50 ml / 2 oz raisins. Grate 3 cm / 1 inch fresh ginger finely.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Put a baking tray sheet on a baking tray and form 8 quite flat cakes. Bake in the middle of the oven for 20 minutes.
- Take a few moments to be mindful. Just sit on a chair. Do nothing. Notice the thoughts that come and go. Let them come and go. Just take it very easy for a few minutes.