This is no ordinary broccoli soup. It’s a real luxury soup. Topped with feta cheese and hazelnuts it feels like fine dining food. But, saying that, you can of course eat it on a Tuesday too!
|Nutritional value 1 portion: 182 kcal|
22 g (44 E%)
9 g (40 E%)
8 g (16 E%)
- 4 bouquets / 900 g / 2 lb fresh broccoli or 800 g / 1 3/4 lb frozen
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 0.5 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 pinch salt
- 0.5 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp flour
- 100 ml / 3 1/2 oz crème fraîche light, 15 % fat
- 40 / 35 g / 1 1/2 oz hazelnuts
- 150 g / 5 oz feta cheese
- 20 strands chives
- Wash, clean and chop 900 g / 2 lb broccoli if you use fresh broccoli. You can use also the finer parts of the trunk, but cut away the coarser.
- Peel and chop 1 onion and 2 cloves garlic. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and fry the onion and garlic soft.
- Add the broccoli, 600 ml / 2 1/2 cup water, 1 vegetable stock cube, 0.5 tbsp lemon juice, 1 pinch salt, 0.5 tsp pepper and sprinkle with 2 tbsp flour. Bring to a boil and let the soup simmer for 5 minutes.
- Chop 40 hazelnuts rough, crumble 150 g / 5 oz feta cheese and cut 20 strands of chives and set aside. When the soup has boiled, mix it smooth with a handheld mixer and stir in 100 ml / 3 1/2 oz crème fraîche. Serve up in 4 bowls and sprinkle with hazelnuts, feta cheese and chives.
- Take a few moments to plan mindfulness when you finish eating. You’ve just cooked a good meal and given your body nutritious food. Is there anything more positive you can do for your health? A walk in the sun? A nice bath? Plan something nice. Take a few deep breaths. Do what you planned.