Chia seeds contain both protein and omega-3 and are often called a “superfood”. When soaked they turn into a jelly which means you can cook food according to the raw food principle. Without heating up the food. It is eaten cold and good as a summer porridge. They don’t taste much so adding something flavourful is good. The porridge can also be made with for example almond milk instead of water. If you are a vegan, swap the honey for agave syrup.
|NUTRITIONAL VALUE 1 PORTION: 106 KCAL|
7 g (35 E%)
5 g (48 E%)
4 g (17 E%)
|*The percentage of fat is high. Guidelines are: carbohydrates 45-60 E%, fat 25-40 E% and protein 10-20%. Try to compensate for this during the day.|
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp coconut flakes
- 1 tsp honey or agave syrup
- 75 ml / 3 oz water
- 100 ml / 3 1/2 oz raspberries
- Mix everything apart from the raspberries in a bowl. Let it swell for at least 15 minutes, preferably more or overnight.
- Take a few moments for a relaxing exercise. Sitt with your back straight on a chair. Breathe in and when you breathe out, relax your shoulders. Breathe in. Breathe out and relax your stomach. Breathe in. Breathe out and relax your legs. Breathe in. When you breathe out again relax your feet. Take a few deep breaths and relax your whole body.
- Stir and garnish with 100 ml / 3 1/2 oz raspberries. Enjoy.