Ricotta and lemon pancakes with maple syrup and fruit puree are real luxury pancakes. They can be eaten both as a special meal and as dessert.
The pancakes get much lighter than ordinary pancakes because of the whipped egg whites. Lemon gives them a real tangy flavour.
2 portions – or 4 pancakes.
|Nutritional value 1 portion with 2 panncakes: 569 kcal|
51 g (36 E%)
32 g (51 E%)
18 g (13 E%)
|*The percentage of fat is high. Guidelines are: carbohydrates 45-60 E%, fat 25-40 E% and protein 10-20%. In the combined meal the recommendations are more balanced.|
|+ One portion mango and raspberry salsa contains: 163 kcal|
35 g (89 E%)
1 g (6 E%)
2 g (5 E%)
- 2 egg
- 200 g / 7 oz ricotta cheese or Philadelphia cream cheese
- 0.5 lemon
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (or honey)
- 100 ml / 3 1/2 oz flour
- 50 ml / 1 oz potato starch
- 0.5 tsp baking powder
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 0.25 tsp vanilla essence (or 1 tsp vanilla sugar)
- 2 tbsp butter
Ingredients for the mango and raspberry puree
- 1 mango, or 300 g / 11 oz frozen mango
- 200 ml / 3/4 cup raspberries
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Start with the salsa: Divide 1 lemon in two, wash it carefully and press 1 tbsp lemon juice. Finely grate the zest and save it.
- Peel and chop 1 mango and mix them in a bowl with 200 ml / 3/4 cup raspberries, the lemon juice and 2 tbsp maple syrup. If you are using frozen mango, defrost it first. To make a smoother salsa, mix it with a hand held mixer. Set the salsa aside.
- Break 2 egg in a bowl and lift the egg yolks over to another bowl.
- Mix the egg yolks with 200 g / 7 oz ricotta cheese, the lemon zest and 2 tbsp maple syrup.
- In a third bowl mix 100 ml / 3 1/2 oz flour, 50 ml potato starch, 0.5 tsp baking powder, 0.5 tsp salt and 0.25 tsp vanilla essence. Add the flour mix to the egg yolk mix and stir.
- Beat the egg whites for a few minutes with an electric mixer until it turns white, like softly whipped cream. Fold the egg whites carefully into the flour mix.
- Melt 1 tbsp butter in a frying pan and fry 2 pancakes at a time on low heat. They burn easily. Fry a few minutes on each side, watching them carefully.
- Serve the pancakes with the mango and raspberry puree.
- Take a moment to mindfulness – to feel what you eat. Turn on your senses and feel how the food tastes, what is the texture, how does it feels to chew. Look at the food, what is the colour?