This porridge is made of quinoa flakes, not the seeds. The porridge has a bitter taste and needs quite a lot of added flavour like ginger, cinnamon, cardamom or honey.
Quinoa is free from gluten, so all gluten intolerant people; just go ahead and enjoy some porridge.
- 1 apple
- 2 centimeters / 1 inch ginger
- 75 ml / 1 1/2 oz quinoa flakes
- 300 ml / 1 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp raisins
- 1 tsp honey (vegans use syrup instead)
- Grate 1 apple and 2 centimeters / 1 inch ginger.
- Put the apple and ginger in a pot and add the rest of the ingredients. Boil and then simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, before it’s done.
- Alternatively the porridge can be cooked in the microwave oven. Then 200 ml / 7 oz water is enough. Cook on full effect for 4 minutes.
- Serve with fruit salad.
- Take a moment to be mindful when you eat. Smell the food. How does it smell? Are there any ingredients that smell stronger than others? Notice the smells.