A fresh tasting hummus with 3 different kinds of legumes, which all are good sources of protein.
For a creamier hummus add more olive oil. Hummus can be eaten on your sandwich, with a burger or with a salad.
6 portions, or 600 ml. Cooking time: 60 minutes, 15 minutes if you are using precooked lentils and chickpeas.
- 350 ml / 230 g boiled chickpeas (or 125 ml dried chickpeas)
- 300 ml / 210 g boiled green lentils (or 100 ml / 3 1/2 oz dried green lentils)
- 200 ml / 100 g boiled green soy beans
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp lemon juice (or juice from 1 lemon)
- 1 tbsp paprika powder
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 0.5 tsp pepper
- Soak 125 ml chickpeas over night in water with salt, if you are using dried chickpeas.
- Rinse and cook the chickpeas for 1 hour and 100 ml / 3 1/2 oz dried green lentils for 25 minutes or according to the instructions on the box.
- Take a moment to feel your body. Sit down and relax. Take a few deep calming breaths and then move your attention to your body. Scan through your body one part at a time. How’s the head? Cold? Hot? Sore? Calm? Buzzing? Itchy? Note the feeling without judging it and then move on to the neck, then down the body until you reach your toes. How does it feel to be aware of your body? When you feel ready, open your eyes and stretch out.
- Rinse the boiled chickpeas and lentils and let them drain. Add them to a bowl. Crush 2 cloves garlic and blend in all the other ingredients. Mix it smooth. Done.