This salad is a lightly fried raw food salad – at which point it no longer qualifies as raw food. It feels a little more like a meal than when it is served cold. The salad can be eaten for lunch or as a side dish.
You can vary this recipe using any vegetables you like, use whatever is in season.
Cooking time: 30 minutes, 20 minutes if you have precooked quinoa.
|Nutritional value 1 portion: 341 kcal|
41 g (50 E%)
12 g (34 E%)
14 g (16 E%)
- 70 ml / 1/4 cup uncooked quinoa (or 200 ml / 3/4 cup cooked quinoa)
- 1 onion
- 4 carrots
- 2 peppers (yellow, green, orange or red)
- 230 g / 8 oz mixed beans
- 3 tbsp Turkish yogurt, 10 % fat
- 1 tsp Sambal olek (or one red chilli)
- 1 tbsp oil
- Salt and pepper
- Rinse and cook 70 ml / 1/4 cup quinoa according to the instructions on the packet, unless you have precooked quinoa.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan. Peel and chop 1 onion and fry it on medium heat. If you are using a red chilli instead of Sambal olek, clean the chilli, chop it and add it to the pan.
- Peel and grate 4 carrots finely and add them to the pan. Dice 2 peppers and add it.
- After a few minutes when the veggies turn soft, rinse 230 g / 8 oz beans and add it to the pan with the quinoa, 3 tbsp Turkish yoghurt and 1 tsp Sambal olek, unless you used a red chilli in the beginning of the recipe. Salt and pepper to taste. Ready to serve.
- Take a moment to enjoy the food and be mindful giving the food full focus. When you start eating, just eat. Put away phones, newspapers and books.