Molino porridge is a classic porridge recipe to get slow stomachs in action – the flaxseeds and prunes contribute to this effect. Raisins and prunes give the porridge a sweet flavour, so it’s enough to add some fresh berries and milk. No extra sugar or jam is needed.
The porridge is best eaten fresh, but if you want to make a double load it will keep in the fridge for a day.
Cooking time: Soaking the night before, then 10 minutes.
- 3 prunes
- 50 ml / 2 oz raisins
- 3 tbsp flaxseeds
- 150 ml / 1/2 cup + 200 ml / 3/4 cup water
- 75 ml / 2 oz graham flour
- 1 pinch salt
- Chop 3 prunes and 50 ml / 2 oz raisins.
- Soak the prunes, raisins, 3 tbsp flaxseeds in 150 ml / 1/2 cup water over night.
- When you go to bed, think of 3 good things that have happened to you during the day and think of 3 good things you want to happen tomorrow.
- In the morning, add 200 ml / 7 oz water and 1 pinch salt. Stir in 75 ml / 2 oz graham flour. Simmer for 10 minutes on a low heat whilst stirring.
- Serve with fresh berries and milk.