Porridge is both yummy and healthy. With the right sort of topping it will be even tastier and more healthy. The porridge on the picture is topped with cottage cheese (for added protein) and a really ripe and sweet banana.
Firstly, mix in a spoon or two of our Perfect antioxidant keep your tummy fine mix to ensure you get enough fibers and antioxidants.
- Chop dried fruit like apricots, figs, dates and boil with the porridge
- A salsa made of fresh mango and raspberries
- Use dried berries like blueberries, goji berries or cranberries
- Chop an apple or pear finely and boil it soft with the porridge
- Apple puree, pear puree or plum puree
- Fresh berries like blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, strawberries or red currants
- Chop a sweet fruit like banana, pineapple or a sweet nectarine and add on top
- Chop nuts like hazelnuts, pecan nuts, pistachios, walnuts, pumpkin seeds or almonds
- Grated coconut, or cokonut flakes
- Spices like: Cinnamon, cardamon, ginger, nutmeg and vanilla
- Dried ground blueberries
- A large spoon of almond butter and a small spoon of honey
For example grated coconut, cardamon, ginger and nutmeg is an interesting combination.
For a little more protein:
- Add 2 tbsp cottage cheese
- Jams and compotes of all kinds. Cranberry, blueberry or raspberry jams for example
- Honey and cinnamon
- Raw sugar and cacao
- Maple syrup
Take a look here for some great porridge recipes.