Gnocchi can be bought readymade, frozen or vaccum sealed, but the best gnocchi is homemade. A velouté is a sauce made of vegetable stock that works well for vegans. A corn velouté adds sweetness and goes well with the vegetables.
This dish is perfect to keep in the fridge for a few days or use for a real luxury lunch box.
Cooking time: 30 minutes, if using ready made gnocchi.
- 4 portions gnocchi
- 2 vegetable stock cubes
- 280 g / 10 oz sweet corn
- 1 red onion
- 20 mushrooms, preferably wild
- 1 small head of broccoli
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp soy cream, or regular cream
- 2 tbsp fresh tarragon
- Salt and pepper
- Boil 500 ml / 2 cup water and 2 vegetable stock cubes. Rinse 280 g / 10 oz sweet corn and let them simmer in the water for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, boil water in a different pot, chop 1 small head of broccoli and boil it for a few minutes.
- Chop 1 red onion and 20 mushrooms. Fry the gnocchi, the onion and the mushroom in 2 tbsp olive oil until they take on a golden colour. Add the broccoli to the frying pan and warm it. Add salt and pepper and 2 tbsp fresh tarragon.
- In the corn velouté, pour in 2 tbsp cream and mix with a hand held mixer. Pour the velouté through a sieve and season it with salt and pepper.
- Serve the gnocchi and the vegetables in 4 deep bowls. Pour the corn velouté around it.