This salad is really crisp and fresh. The fresh herbs lift the flavour and the almond gives it a little more substance.
This salad works well as a side dish to Cilantro spiced carrot patties and preferably with a bit of Hummus.
- 2 oranges
- 100 ml / 3 1/2 oz sunflower sprouts
- 100 ml / 3 1/2 oz garden cress (or other sprouts)
- 4 leaves fresh mint
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 100 ml / 3 1/2 oz / 50 g flaked almonds
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 pinch sugar
- Peel 2 oranges. Cut the oranges into fillets by taking a sharp knife and cut away the flesh of the orange. The skin holding the wedges is cut away. Cut into pieces and mix with all the other salad ingredients.
- Whip the dressing together by mixing all the ingredients.
- Mix the salad and the dressing a few minutes before serving.
- You have time for a mini-pause before you keep going: Count your breaths, in and out for a minute or two.