These cilantro spiced golden patties are fresh and light and perfect as party food.
Serve with hummus and an Orange salad with cilantro, almonds and mustard dressing.
|Nutritional value 1 pattie: 213 kcal|
31 g (62 E%)
7 g (32 E%)
3 g (6 E%)*
|*The percentage of protein is low. Guidelines are: carbohydrates 45-60 E%, fat 25-40 E% and protein 10-20%. Try to compensate for this during the day.|
- 2 carrots
- 1 small onion
- 2 green chilli
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp fennel seeds (see picture)
- 2 tsp ground cilantro
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp bakingpowder
- 250 ml / 9 oz / 125 g / 4 oz buckwheat flour
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- Peel and grate 2 carrots and 1 small onion finely.
- Clean and chop 2 green chilli. The strength is in the seeds and the white membranes, so if you want a milder flavour, clean off the white.
- Mix carrots, onion and chilli with 1 tbsp ground cumin, 1 tsp fennel seeds, 2 tsp ground cilantro, 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro, 1 tsp bakingpowder, 250 ml / 9 oz / 4 oz buckwheat flour and 1.5 tsp salt and 100 ml / 3 1/2 oz water in a bowl.
- Shape into patties and fry in 2 tbsp canola oil on a medium heat for a few minutes on each side, turning the patties from pink to golden brown.
- As you stand there frying you can do a “being in the now” exercise: Think about three things you see right now. Listen to three things you hear right now. Feel three things you are feeling right now. Turn the patties over.