These cottage cheese pancakes are both easy to make and quick to whip together. They work really well with a fruit salad. They contain quite a lot of protein and not too many carbs, so they work well on LCHF diets – just swap the spelt flour for almond flour.
These pancakes work really well as, breakfast a light dinner or a large snack.
- 0.5 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 egg
- 100 ml / 3 1/2 oz cottage cheese, 4 %
- 2 tbsp spelt flour (or wheat flour, or whole meal flour. If you want to go even lower on the carbs, use almond flour)
- 1 pinch salt
- Mix everything together in a bowl, apart from the cooking oil.
- Heat up 0.5 tbsp cooking oil in a frying pan. Fry on moderate heat. These pancakes burn really easily, so turn down the heat at the slightest suspicion of burning.
- Take a moment to be mindful when you cook. Smell the food. How does it smell? Are there any ingredients that smell stronger than others? Notice the smells.
- Serve with a nice fruit salad.