Not in the mood for going shopping? “Nothing” in the cupboards? This chilli you can probably make just rummaging around in the cupboards.
As a low fat alternative that is also rich in protein you can use Quark 1% instead of Turkish yogurt.
Also perfect for your lunchbox tomorrow!
|Nutritional value 1 portion with 2 tbsp Turkish yogurt: 193 kcal|
24 g (48 E%)
8 g (36 E%)
8 g (16 E%)
|+ 200 ml / 1 cup bulgur contains: 113 kcal|
25 g (86 E%)
0 g (0 E%)
4 g (14 E%)
If you have a few more things in the cupboard you can also though in some peppers, leeks or other good stuff.
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 onions
- 400 g / 1 3/4 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1 tbsp vegetable stock
- 2 tsp Sambal olek
- 1 squirt of Tabasco
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 230 g / 8 oz black beans
- 230 g / 8 oz kidney beans
- Salt and pepper
- Turkish yogurt (or soy yogurt)
- Heat oil in a frying pan or pot. Crush 3 cloves garlic and chop 2 onions and fry them soft.
- Mix in 400 g / 1 3/4 cup crushed tomatoes, 1 tbsp vegetable stock, 200 ml / 7 oz water and the spices: 2 tsp Sambal olek, 1 squirt of Tabasco, 2 tbsp tomato paste, 1 tsp ground cumin, 1 tsp paprika powder, 1 tsp oregano and 1 tsp ground coriander.
- Rinse 230 g / 8 oz black beans and 230 g / 8 oz kidney beans and stir them in. Boil for a few minutes and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with yogurt on top and rice or bulgur.
- Take a few moments when you have finished eating. Do not rush off. Sit for a moment and consider whether you have any goals you want to achieve. Is there something you have dreamed of doing? Think about how you can realize it. Take a few deep breaths.